Routine, Urgent and Emergency Repairs
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
To report a repair, please telephone the office on 01823 667343 or click here to contact us by email to request a call back. For emergency repairs see below.
Before contacting us, please click here to see if you can deal with the repair yourself with help from our Repairs Troubleshooting page.
There are 3 main kinds of repairs, Emergency, Urgent and Routine (Day to day)
• Routine / day to day repairs
These repairs are usually on a 28-day timescale priority. Day to day repairs include non-urgent items such as failed seals on a double glazed unit or broken door furniture.
• Urgent repairs
The following list below contains examples of Urgent Repairs and should be completed within 7 days of the job order being raised (any delays to these repairs is usually caused by being unable to obtain relevant parts to complete the job).
Please give as much detail as possible of the works that need to be carried out.
- Heating or plumbing problems where health and safety are not at risk
- Door locks
- Leaking overflows
- Leaking roof
- Blocked drains
• Emergency repairs
These will be actioned immediately after you let us know about the emergency and your property will be made safe within 24 hours (or usually less).
To report an emergency repair between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, contact us immediately.
In the event of an absolute emergency repair when the office is closed, for example, bank holidays, weekends or evenings, which cannot wait until the next working day, please ring our main office number 01823 667343
Once connected to this number, you will be given the option to be transferred to an operator at Centra. You will need to provide your name, address and contact telephone number to the Centra operator who will then be able to assist you with your emergency.
Please remember you must only ring the Emergency line if it is an absolute emergency. The emergency service will MAKE SAFE ONLY and any necessary follow up repairs will be completed in normal working hours.
Staff tending the emergency phone have been given complete discretion to decide whether they feel that the repair being reported is an emergency, therefore they retain the right to refuse to attend any repair request that they do not deem as an emergency.
It cannot be stressed enough that emergency repairs service is for genuine emergencies only and the Association reserves the right to re-charge the tenant for a ‘call out’ if a repair is found not to be an emergency. Charges range from £50 – £150.
Emergency repairs are any situation where there is an immediate risk of danger or injury to people or property, such as:
- Total failure of all electrics in your home (not power cuts) that have NOT been caused by one of your appliances, or yourself and there is more than 24 hours until the next working day
- Burst pipes or very heavily leaking water tanks or boilers
- Loss of entire heating in extremely cold weather where a member of the household’s health could be put at serious risk without it.
- Serious roof leaks (whenever practicable)
- Seriously leaking toilet (where it is the only toilet in the property)
- Dangerous walls or chimneys
For the following emergencies, please contact:
- Gas leaks – turn off the supply immediately, open windows, and ring the emergency Gas telephone number 0800 111 999
- Blocked Drains contact Wessex Water 0345 600 4600 or South West Water 0344 346 2020
- Power Cuts – Contact Western Power 0800 6783 105